I fucking hate 9am lectures. I never take anything in, because my brain is too tired to function, and then it fucks up the rest of my day because I end up falling asleep around five in the afternoon and grr, it's all very bad.
In other, totally irrelevent news, OHMYFUCKINGGODBUCKYO'HAREONDVDSQUEE!
Johnny and I used to watch this all the time when we were kids; he even had the Toad Croaker and Bucky action figures. Sparked off a long conversation about 80's TV in general, and the Raggydolls in particular.
You guys remember the Raggy Dolls, right? "Raggydolls, Raggydolls, made imperfectly; Raggydolls, Raggydolls, dolls like you and me!" etc. They were faulty toys that weren't fit to be sold and they all lived in the Reject Bin and at night they came to life and had adventures.
Except Claude. Seriously, what was the deal with Claude? See, I reckon he came off the assembly line, and Mr Grimes looked at him and was like, "You're French! Get in the fucking Reject Bin!" and Claude was all, "Non!" and Mr Grimes was like, "Get in there, Frenchie!" and Claude was all, *le sorrow du francais*, whereas Johnny insists it's because Claude was gay and he was trying to get all the workmen dolls (you know, the ones like Back-to-Front but... not backwards) to form a Raggydoll Village People and Mr Grimes was all, "You'll not be stealing the dresses of any more Princess dolls, young fella me lad!". Which is actually what happened to Princess's dress and tiara. So, we end up with something like:
J: But he wore a scarf! A scarf... of Gayness!
F: That's because he's French! All French people wear scarves. It's to protect their onion necklaces from the heat of the sun.
J: No, it's to cover the lovebite Hifi gave him the night before!
F: Raggydolls don't have proper mouths, they can't suck... Oh, God.
J: *pisses self*
F: And what about Lucy, ewww...
J: OMG orifices!
F: It wouldn't be like skullfucking, it'd be like...
It went on like this for quite a while, but the general conclusions we got out of it were:
1) Sadsack is the bastard lovechild of Eeyore and a horny Gingerbreadman, and it is impossible to say "gingerbread penis" without laughing
2) Hifi is the forerunner of Carlimir from Van Helsing
3) Back-to-Front is a womanizer
4) Dotty is a dominatrix, and Princess is her wench
5) Claude is gay and French and wants to get into Hifi's pants
6) It is perfectly acceptable to put someone in the reject bin because they're French, and in fact, we should do it more often
7) Lucy is the whore of the Raggydollverse
8) You could get away with a lot in kid's TV in the 80's